Named for Fort McHenry, that is located in Baltimore Harbor in Baltimore, Maryland. The fort is best known for its role in the War of 1812. When it successfully defended Baltimore Harbor from an attack by the British Navy in Chesapeake Bay from September 13th to 14th, 1813.
Powered by two, Tier III complaint, Caterpillar 3512 diesel engines. With Twin Disc MG 6500 reduction gears, at a ratio of 6.04:1. Turning two, Rolls Royce, Troost, 87(in), four bladed, fixed pitch, propellers. For a rated 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Tier III complaint, 99kW, John Deere generator sets. The tug's capacities are 65,575 gallons of fuel, 2,068 gallons of lube oil, and 2,890 gallons of water.